Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Verblijf Kaart en Gementeelijke Basis Administratie

Become a new resident is always associated w/ a number of obligation. As a new resident of Wageningen, I have to report my arrival to the City Hall within the first week, process my residence permit/Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf (MVV) so on and so forth.

When I was notified that I successfully obtain the scholarship, WUR started to apply for my provisional residence permit/VKV (Visum Kort Verblijf). VKV is aimed for the foreign nationals that is going to stay in the Netherlands within the period of 1.5 - 6 months. As an MSc student, I need to stay in the Netherlands more or less 2 years, so I need a longer residence permit called MVV.

In addition to that, I also have to register my arrival to the City Hall/municipality office. This registration aims to keep my arrival and departure tracked and makes me eligible to the obligation and benefit as a resident of Wageningen. For this, I have to bring:
a. My passport
b. Proof of residential address (I provided my room rental agreement)
c. Birth certificate*)

*) the certificate must be original and recent --- less than 5 years
all docs need to be legalized by ministry of foreign affairs and verified by Dutch Embassy
all docs should be in Dutch, English, French or German
Documents in other languages need to be translated to those above languages by a certified translator/sworn translator

The municipality office provided a fruitful information here

So within my first six months, I have to apply for VTV, register to the municipality office and voila! end of the story would be a-what-so-called Verblijf kaart and BSN number.....

No comments:

Post a Comment