Sunday, February 27, 2011

Emptiness

I recently happen to come across an illuminating thought
"It was not the feeling of completeness I so needed, just the feeling of not being empty" - Foer, JS

somehow it sounds decently correct to me. well. completeness. what is it about?
I believe there are lots of meaning behind. people can even sense the completeness from many different angles one to another. so that to some extent I agree with Foer, we might actually not need the completeness but just the feeling of not being empty.

Some people luckily gets a chance n jacked up their knowledge, gain more insights by pursuing the degree abroad in more advance institutions. Hope to get the best available sciences. But then everything turns out to be disaster when you did not prepare yourself to fit in the highly demanding and pressure-full system of this what-so-called advance institutions. Last Wednesday, a student committed suicide in my apartment. He comes from a least developed country. He jumped over the guardrail of the 5th floor. Seems that life is too hard for him and he came to the conclusion that he'd be better to just leave his life. Life is about chasing up the completeness. But I bet you'd never found it though. All you need is just the feeling of not being empty. From my two cents, I must say enjoy your life, do not take anything too seriously. Fill up yourself. Do not let the emptiness kill you, but do not be frustrated when you can't get the completeness.

He's just passed away anyway. Our deepest sympathies are with his family and friends. Hope he RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment